Friday, July 21, 2017

Prickly Pear Folio

Just made another cute Folio form Country Craft Creations.  I used the Prickly Pear Workshop Your Way G1128 to make it and used the Prickly Pear Complements X7221c that come in the pack and Prickly Pear Sequins Z3324 to decorate the Folio.



I can't believe how versatile this pack is.  I love all the colors that it has.  You can use the more muted colors or the vibrant ones for different looks.  I just used them all and I love how it turned out.

It starts out with a 6" x10" piece of cardstock.  I choose Poppy then you score at 3 1/2, 4, 7 1/2, 8.
Cut your mats at 3 3/8 x 5 7/8 and 1 7/8 x 5 7/8.  I used the zip strips that I cut off of the paper to trim the spines inside and out.  I corner rounded the outside edges. You will need to trim them down 3/8 x 5 7/8


I used magnets for the closure.  I used the small ones

The pockets are 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 and scored at 1/4" on 3 sides.  You might have to play with this a bit to make it work. The mat is 1 7/8 x 2 1/8.  The bookmark that goes inside is 1 5/8 x 5 1/2.

The center pocket is 4 3/8 x 3 1/2 score at 1/2" on 3 side.  The mat is 3 1/4 x 2 7/8

The pages are 7 x 5 3/4 you will need 5 of them scored at 3 1/2

You will need to cut 5 tags at 3 x 5

I used Paradise Assortment Bakers Twine from my stash.  The colors when perfect with papers.  It has 4 different colors so I used them all and one of them twice.  You can see what I used here.

I lined up the folded edge to the eyelet and marked them both.  I then poked a hole for the Bakers Twine

I made a pocket for the inside of the cover, punched it with the scallop punch and glued the 3 sides down to the cover.   I glued a couple of the pages together at the bottom only.  Folded over the top corner and inserted one of the tags.



 Here you can see the each page in held in with the bakers twine.  You will pull all 5 of the twine through the eyelets.  Then tie the on the out side of folio



I use the cut apart page of the paper pack for embellishing my pockets and on for the front closure.

It was fun to decorate.

***Note to self:  If I make another one I will use 3 sets of the small magnets on the closure instead of just one.

You can see more of the Prickly Pear paper here






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment