Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Making Embellishments

Last weekend my Sister-In-Law asked me to cut out some Eiffel Towers on my Cricut.  It was kind of a funny back and forth conversation about how tall, how many, what color. I needed to know what it was for to decide on which Eiffel Tower to us.  There are quite a few.
I finally narrowed it down to the one you see below.  I think it was the perfect choice.
Here is what we started out making.  We had to use what we had on hand.


Next, she had cut out some bags from waxed paper sheets and we embleshed them too.


Here is the bag completed.  I love how it turned out.  I will be making more like this.  Well no exactly like this but you know what I mean.  Lol!


I ended up making 4 of the page tags.  One of the tags with the Eiffel Tower on it will go in a Mini Album I made for my Mom's 95th Birthday.  She was born and raised in France.  She passed away just 2 week before her birthday and I put the book out at her funeral.  I get great joy looking through all the photos of her and my Dad.  I think she would have loved looking at it and the memories.

Thanks for stopping by.









Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


2 comments:

  1. It never ceases to amaze me what beautiful projects you come up with from 'scraps and extra stuff you have just lying around.' LOL. I also love that you made one that you will be adding to your mom's mini album, even though your mom is no longer with us. Doing things like that brings me such comfort and I'm sure it does for you as well. Thanks for sharing. Great job on both the tags and the bags. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does bring me great comfort. When I find something that makes me think of her. It's been 3 years but it seems like just yesterday.
      Thank you for your kind words and glad you liked it.

      Delete